Friday, January 14, 2011

Castle bed

Well, not much has been happening in the Vance family; same old, same old. Jon has been searching for jobs and I have been searching for new craft ideas. Sean wants a castle in his room so that is today's project. My first plans were to rebuild his loft bed into a taller one and cover the sides with wood paneling to create a castle and then add a slide. But we are gonna have to wait until we get into a bigger, permanent place for that and have a vehicle to transport the wood. So, the cheaper and quicker plans are about to begin with a quick stop at Hobby Lobby. It will be a more basic plan just covering the front with canvas and foam board; plus, a little help from big sister, Erica, to paint it all. Will post pics when it's all done.
I really want to get into furniture making but it's kinda hard to carry big pieces of wood in a Prius. Ana White's blog has really inspired me; I have big plans. Plus, woodworking is in my blood. Guess I'll have to wait until we can get a permanent home and have a SUV w/ trailer.
Going out to eat and possibly a movie with a bunch of ladies tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment