Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice in Texas

Took Dixie outside to pee and I slipped on some ice on my sidewalk; knee is pretty sore.
Well, apparently the sprinklers where we live were left on last night and with the freezing weathr we have had the last two days our sidewalk was covered in ice. I called the office to see if maintenance would be putting some salt down and their response was, "we will have to get back to you because we have never had an ice problem so we don't know what to do". Well, thank goodness we brought a container of Ice Melt with us from MD because I don't think any of the stores around here sell the stuff. So, the maintenance people don't know what to do because the stores don't sell anything except for of course table salt (which works in large quantities). It was in the 70's a few days ago and now it is super cold and windy (in the 30's) but it is supposed to be back in the 70's by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment