Thursday, February 24, 2011

Update

Not too much going on with our family lately. Jon has been diligently looking for employment and did get an offer and he should be starting in a week or two. It's a job that will bring in some money and keep him busy. He's still looking for employment as it's only a third of the pay he was making; but it's better than nothing right now. There are a few prospects, one as a "student hire" at Randolph AFB since Jon is still pursuing his Master's Degree he qualifies for a Temp GS position which can very likely lead to a permanent position; it's a way to get in the GS door for sure. Then the other prospect, When Jon worked for Whataburger he attended a highly sought after training program (DDI) and met a few other people there. One of those individuals called Jon the other day and is looking to start her own business contracting out instructors with DDI training. She was very impressed with Jon's teaching ability and called to see if he was interested. Of course he said, "yes"; but now it's the waiting game for her to get business contracts; Jon would be instructing locally here in San Antonio (no traveling) and we believe it would be pay similar to his last job (depends on contract). So prayers please for those prospects. Oh, Jon is still diligently pursuing job opportunities with USAA; a great company with great benefits.
Nothing new with the kids.
Things with my new calling as RS Secretary has slowed down; now it's just maintaining stuff. After only about 5 Photography classes I took a semester off as I was a bit overwhelmed with the time commitment. I have debated on going back, as much as I would like to learn and finish my bachelors degree, I have come to the conclusion that time for my family and church are more important at this time. I have until 2020 to finish and have it paid for through the Post 911 GI Bill. I was overwhelmed and was not taking time for myself or my family. I don't feel that I could be diligent in my calling and as a mother and wife. I have also enjoyed the time to make crafts; a passion of mine. I have been making homemade bread (grinding the wheat and all) and haven't bought bread from the store in quite a few months. In regards to working out, I have totally slacked off with a little workout here and there. I really need to get back on track; I think it will be easier to get back on a schedule once Jon starts working. Oh, I have a new favorite movie, North and South (older one based in England, 4 hrs long); my friend, Maria, has a media room so we hung out two nights in a row with another friend, Lauren, watching it. I have made some great friends since moving here. I have grown in so many ways this last year.
Dixie, our new family member, has been settling in great. I have yet to hear her bark and she is so good around Sean. Sean loves her so much and tells her several times a day. She is such a great dog and we couldn't be any luckier to have found her. Jon will start obedience training next month with her; but she already sits, stays, walks good on a leash, etc. We took her to Petsmart yesterday to get a good bath and teeth brushed. I'm not a big "animal person" but she is so awesome; I'm still stunned of how good she is especially with a rough housing boy named Sean.
Speaking of Sean, I have come to a realization in regards to his toys. I have spent a good bit of time organising his toys with picture labels and different containers. For a short period he was good at putting his toys back where they belong. I tried to get him to play with one thing at a time with no longer term success. So, I'm trying to let go of a 3 yr old toys being organized; I'm going out today to get two more big round tubs and just throwing the toys in there. It will be so much easier to clean up in a hurry; I guess organization will be something we will work on later. It will bug me but I'll just have to work through it, LOL.
Well, that's the update for our family; I guess there was a good bit to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment