We have slowly been incorporating healthier foods into our meals to include organic, coconut/almond/soy milk, Boca products, limited red meats, etc. So, tonight for dinner we had Spaghetti Squash (baked in the oven), Boca "chicken" patties, with marinara sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese. I couldn't believe it; everyone loved it!!
I made a green smoothie for breakfast today with green grapes, pear, celery, kale, spinach, kiwi, apple, parsley and coconut milk (I just grabbed anything green that we had fresh in the house). The flavor was actually good but the texture was a little frothy; plus, I would have preferred it a little colder. I might just add a few ice cubes next time.
I've also been making homemade granola bars and wheat bread (I grind the wheat too). I haven't bought a loaf of bread for many months.
We have also been making Monday pizza night with our individual pizzas made from flat bread. I have also been eating slices of tomato on my pizza and sandwiches; which I would never do a few months ago.
We are going to start taking daily family walks when the kids get home from school too.
I never finished my goal of running a 5K last year so I'm starting over. The girls said that they want to run a 5k with me so maybe we can support each other.
I haven't worked out for a few months and I completely feel the difference physically as well as on the scale. Hopefully these changes that we have been making over the years has prepared me for a permanent lifestyle change of healthier eating.
I need to remember that my body is a temple and I need to keep it clean on the inside as well as the outside. I need to focus on eating better and getting fit than the benefits will reflect in time.
Good for you guys! I need to work on our eating as well. There is a menu site called thefresh20.com, thought I may try it...fresher is always better...but we'll see. Quince and Cole are going to start taking Karate, I was gonna do Zumba, but Karate sounds more fun, so I'm gonna sign up too! I was in karate before I joined the army and really liked it. I will have to do class on my own though on MW, while Cole and Q do T,Th. We will also be walking more, since we live where there are sidewalks here :D But first I have to wait for the innertube to my jogging stroller to get come in the mail. :D
ReplyDelete